You Are Not The Voice Inside Your Head
I want to recommend a book to you…
Of course I read a ton of Business, Marketing, and Entrepreneurial books. But when I really want to do some deep work on myself, I will almost always pull out a book called The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer. This book truly helps to bring me a simple perspective on how to Identify, Influence, and Manage my Inner World. You know…that Voice you hear inside your head.
It’s the voice that constantly talks and won’t be quiet. It’s the voice that wont turn off to let you go to sleep. It’s the voice that many times plays your opponent, the pessimist and the doubter when you are faced with challenges and obstacles in your life.
Well, I am here to remind you that you are NOT the voice inside your head. The reason I love this book is that it creates a very simple way to understand, recognize, and deal with your Inner Voice. It helps to doing many things that include:
- Creating Conscious Awareness
- Understanding Your Energy Levels
- Letting Go of Past Experiences Holding you Back
- Strategies and Perspective to Move Forward in Life
I’d like to point out a few of my favorite statements I’ve highlighted in this book to give you some tangible nuggets and encourage you to read it….especially if you have extra time on your hands right now.
Here are just a few of the powerful statements I have learned and enjoyed from the book:
- You have a mental dialogue going on inside your head that never stops…
- Take a step back, examine this voice, and get to know it better…
- The best way to free yourself from the incessant chatter is to step back and view it objectively.
- There is nothing more important to true growth than realizing you are not the voice in the mind-you’re the one that hears it.
- If you watch it objectively, you will come to see that much of what the voice says is meaningless…a waste of time and energy. The truth is that most of life will unfold in accordance with forces far outside your control.
- The voice talks because you are not ok inside.
- It is actually narrating the world for you. The narration makes you feel more comfortable with the world around you…it makes you feel as though things are more in your control.
- In the thought world there is always something you can do to control the experience.
- True personal growth is about transcending the part of you that is not okay and needs protection.
These are just a couple key thoughts that are important for you to understand when it comes to the battle for your mind (which occurs every single day). We all, everyone of us, experience this.
Here is a specific strategy that I have implemented…try it.
When you are dealing with something difficult, stressful or overwhelming, I recommend you try to just simply identify the emotions and label them. By turning your mind to the logical side of being the observer of your thoughts, you become empowered over your thoughts and shift into a different part of your brain. It is in this state that you can maintain a much greater influence over your thoughts and therefore shape them.
But remember, you can’t fight your emotions and experiences. The best thing to do is always to recognize them, embrace them, and then let them pass.
Anyway, I wanted to give you these thoughts and this recommendation to take you into the weekend. I hope it’s something helpful for you and I look forward to talking with you Monday morning. Have a great weekend.
George Wright III
Be sure to download FREE The Daily Mastermind Mobile App and we’ll see you inside.