How to Overcome Stress and Anxiety with Structure
If you are a passion-driven Entrepreneur like me, you probably deal with stress, anxiety, or even depression at times. These are really difficult periods in your life and can ultimately affect you and the people around you. So, one of the best ways I’ve found to deal with this is by creating structure and routine in your life.
Sometimes we need that structure to “Power Us” through the times that our discipline fades…and everyone has times their motivation and discipline fades…trust me when i say Everyone. 🙂
I learned a long time ago that Your Routine will keep you moving forward towards your goals and help you to navigate these rough times.
This is why I CREATE DAILY RITUALS.
(Hopefully you noticed the all caps of that statement which is Prosperity Pillar #10).
I want to encourage you to maintain a schedule and routine long enough that it will become automatic and more of a habit for you, so you won’t need to rely as much on motivation. Creating positive HABITS is an important benefit of long term application of your Daily Rituals.
But here is one additional Secret I have also found that has helped me the most…..
You Must Create Structure, Tools, and Resources that make it easier to stay consistent with your daily rituals. Otherwise your routine goes out the window when your motivation does.
I’ve been asked many times about my daily routine and rituals, and I will cover that in more detail next week. But, I’d like to share with you just a few recommendations of Books, Mobile Apps, and Podcasts I currently use as a foundation (for me) on a daily basis. Then, next week I will dig in deeper to my routine and ideas I have for you to Power Through your difficult days.
Here are just a few of the key resources I use on a Daily basis:
Successful people are constantly reading. I like to listen to audiobooks when I work out or want to unwind for the day. But, I highly recommend you actually take time to sit in a quiet place and read physical books as well. It helps you to stay grounded in the present moment and you retain much more information when you do read a book. Here are just a few of my recent favorites:
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill– This book will always have hidden secrets and treasures and you can never read it too often.
- The Happiness Equation by Neil Pasricha– This book really has opened my eyes to ways you can increase your happiness levels.
- High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard– This book has a very simple and effective way to increase your productivity and focus.
Let’s face it, we are on our mobile devices all the time. So, you might as well make sure this tool is a force for positive influence in your life right? Her are a couple of key apps I use right on my home screen, and they have both Free and Versions:
- Calm Meditation App– this app is amazing for reminding me to take a minute and relax, focus, and breath when I am grinding the long days of building a business. I have really started to use the Sleep Meditations and Stories when I (like I’m sure you have) nights I cannot get my brain to shut down and allow me to sleep. Works every time.
- Day One Journal App– writing in my journal has been a key daily ritual for me. I can track my moods, memories, and accomplishments. After all “A life worth living is a life worth recording” says my partner Robert Stuberg. This app will even send me reminders to enter a quick thought throughout my day.
- Audible Audiobook App– I love audible because I find it helpful to also listen to fiction and or current event books while I workout or exercise. I used to always just read business, investing, and success books. But, I’ve found over time that my mind is much healthier when I shift it to the creative right-side on occasions, and it allows me to be much more relevant and personable when having conversations with friends, family, and partners
If you open up the Podcast app on my mobile phone you will see quite a diversity of podcasts because I listen to various experts depending on my mood or learning needs at the time. I highly recommend occasionally searching new podcasts so you don’t get too routine or isolated in the type of people you listen to. But, here are a few of the core podcasts I consistently listen to:
- The Gary Vee Audio Experience with Gary Vaynerchuk– This gives me motivation, business nuggets, and a kick in the butt when I need it. Plus, I really enjoy the variety of this podcast with speaking events, meetings, interviews, or community questions Gary uses.
- The Mike Dillard Podcast with Mike Dillard– Mike will consistently deliver solid business and personal content that I use in my business. He is always interviewing Proven, Successful People on practical things you can use in business.
- The Ed Mylett Show with Ed Mylett– This podcast also gives me constant motivation and inspiration while delivering a massive amount of content and value. Plus, Ed interviews a wide variety of speakers, athletes, and experts in business, health, and happiness. I relate to a lot of the experiences and businesses that are discussed on this show.
- Joel Osteen Podcast– A week doesn’t go by that I don’t tune into the inspirational and important messages that Joel and Victoria offer their listening audience. I met Joel one time at an Exclusive Resort I was staying at. I cannot tell you enough how genuine, happy, and selfless this guy is in real life. He truly made me feel like he cared and didn’t even know me at the time.
- The Brain Warrior’s Way with Dr Daniel & Tana Amen– This is a very short and sweet podcast that literally explains the science about why your Brain is the most important tool that affects your health, wealth and happiness. I needed to really learn that my BRAIN is not my MIND but it definitely is a tool for me to use in achieving success. Dr Amen constantly gives strategies, tips, nutrition, and many other golden nuggets for success in winning the “Battle of Your Mind”.
And Finally…(shameless plus)…I highly recommend the FREE Daily Mastermind Mobile App on iTunes and Google Play.
(I literally created this app for myself and the people i care about. It is totally free and has more resources in it than anything in the entire industry of Personal Development and Financial Education.)
Here is just a few of the Free Resources available on the Daily Mastermind App:
- Daily Rituals Tracker and Accountability Tab
- Daily Mastermind Podcast Tab
- Daily G Blog and Articles Tab
- Daily Quotes with Pics and Shareable Thoughts Tab
- Meditation Audios
- Affirmations Poster with Prosperity Pillars
- Journal Notes
- Videos, Gallery for Dream Building, and more to come…
I hope some of these resources help you. Tune in with me next week as I uncover some of the learning curves I’ve gone through to find the right routine and right success factors with my rituals each week.
Have a great weekend!
Be sure to download FREE The Daily Mastermind Mobile App and we’ll see you inside.